This department, modernised under the World Bank Scheme of the Directorate of Technical Education and MODROBS scheme under AICTE, has a complete range of Spinning machineries such as Blowroom, Carding, Draw Frame, Comber, Simplex, Ring Frame, Open End Spinning and Two for one twister. A separate textile testing laboratory is developed with sophisticated computerized instruments for testing fibre to fabric. Full fledged training and testing facilities, offered by experienced faculty, equip the students with a practical insight and competence to fit into the industry as qualified technicians in production, maintenance and quality control.
ALL THREE YEARS SEMESTER PATTERN
The 3 years full time diploma course in textile technology branch has the primary objective of creating man power to meet the needs of the Indian textile manufacturing industries. In the present scenario, the textile industry in India is facing severe competition in the national and international markets. The textile products manufactured in the Indian textile industry have to meet the quality requirement and cost competitiveness in the Indian as well as the global textile markets. With this view, the sylabus is framed to impart the theoretical and practical knowledge in various textiles manufacturing process such as spinning, weaving, chemical processing, knitting, garment making and finishing with the latest sophisticated machinery. The subjects imparting basic knowledge on textile raw materials, textile plant engineering, textile testing and quality assurance and textile mill management are included in the curriculum. Since the advent of computers and its applications as revolutionised the textile industry at present, basic practicals on computer applications, computer aided textile designing & Garment CAD are also incorporated in the curriculum. Knowledge on latest technologies emerging in the textile industry is imparted through the various elective subjects in the curriculum. This course is conducted on full time basis over a period of 3 years, consisting of 6 semesters.
The students after successful completion of this course will be able to work as
- Supervisors in spinning and weaving mills, wet processing units and garment making units
- Quality Control Assistant in Quality Control Laboratories in Textile Industry
- Technical Assistance in Government Organization such as Textile committee, central silk Board, Jute Board, Department of industries & Commerce.
- Garment designers in ordinance clothing factories
- Entrepreneurs of weaving, knitting and garment making units
Achievements, Awards and Rewards
MODERNIZATION – DEVELOPMENTS:
- 1995 - Textile Testing Laboratory updated to the tune of Rs.30 Lakhs with the World Bank Aid. Spinning Laboratory strengthened by the addition of new machineries with the aid of World bank to the tune of Rs.54.5 lakhs.
- The AICTE, New Delhi under MODROBS scheme sanctioned Rs. 10,00,000 / (Ten lakhs) to purchase new Blowroom in the year 2008-2009. Mr. R. Gopalakrishnan, HOD/DTT is the Chief Co-ordinator.A new Blowroom is added to the spinning lab.
- The AICTE, New Delhi under MODROBS scheme sanctioned Rs. 19,60,000 / (Ninteen Lakhs & Sixty Thousand) to purchase new Testing Equipment's in the year 2012-2013. Mr. P.Angappan, Lect(Sl.Gr)/DTT is the Chief Co-ordinator. A new Testing Equipment(Automatic Single Yarn Strength Tester & Trash Separator) is added to the Testing lab.
- 12.08.2014 - Seminar on "Technology growth in Spinning & Weaving".
- 29.01.2005 - Sri M. Muruganantham won second prize in the Technical Quiz Competition conducted by IIHT, Salem.
- Sri K. Prakash received Silver medal in 5000 metre and Bronze medal in 10000 metre conducted by IPAA (2005-2006)
- Sri R. Thirumalai received Bronze medal in 1500 meters conducted by IPAA (2005-2006).
- Sri N.Gunasekaran received Bronze medal in high jump conducted by IPAA (2006-2007).
- Selvan K. Kumarasamy Roopanand and Selvan. Brijesh Patel have been awarded first prize in Technical quiz competition in the state level polymeet held at Arulmigu Chandikeswari Polytechnic College, Coimbatore on 1st & 2nd September 2008.
- Selvan. A. Amalraj has won First prize in the State Level Technical Symposium THIAGFEST ’08 conducted by Thiagaraja Polytechnic College, Salem held on 24.01.2008.
- Selvam Shanmuga Sundaram III DTT has been selected to receive N.Damotharan Endowment Scholarship awarded by Precot Meridian, Coimbatore for the year 2012 - 2013.
- P.S.Gowtham raj III Yr won 1st Prize of Rs.17,000/- & M.Malligarjun II Yr won 2nd Prize of Rs.8000/- in the Southern Level Textile Quiz Competition, conducted by Kasthuri Sreenivasan Trust, Coimbatore on 05/09/2015.
- Diploma in Textile Technology
- Diploma in Textile Processing
- Diploma in Textile Technology[Design and Weaving]
- Diploma in Textile Technology[Man Made Fibres]
- Diploma in Textile Marketing & Management
- Diploma in Garment Technology
- Diploma in Computer Engineering
- Diploma in Mechanical Engineering
- Diploma in Electrical and Electronic Engineering
- Diploma in Electronics & Communication Engineering
Government Aided Courses
Self Finance Courses
NEWS AND EVENTS