The curriculum and training aim at preparing skilled shop floor technicians in Dyeing, Printing, Finishing, Testing, Quality control and Marketing of dyes and chemicals connected to textile processing industry. Potentials are immense related to employment and entrepreneurship. The laboratory is well equipped with pilot model machineries of preparation, dyeing, printing and finishing such as jigger, winch, soft flow dyeing machine, Hank mercerizing machine, HTHP dyeing machine, cheese dyeing machine, baby stenter, padding mangle , steamers and flat bad printing tables. An exclusive testing laboratory is functioning for testing wash fasteness, light fastness and quantitative analysis of dyes & chemicals, inclusive of computer colour matching system. Towards coping up with the update technology, continuous pad steam preparation, continuous pad steam dyeing, infra red dyeing machine and programmable garment dyeing machines are installed recently with the Central Government Funding through MODROBS Scheme.
ALL THREE YEARS SEMESTER PATTERN
Textile wet processing is one of the vital areas of textile technology. Few decades ago, it was popular only in northern India. After the development of Tirupur in knit processing and Erode & Karur in woven fabric processing, a diploma course in textile processing gained importance in this region based on the need for processing technicians.
The curriculum includes preparation, dyeing, printing, finishing and environmental pollution control with special emphasis on Eco – friendly processing. The syllabus is revised every 5 years to update with the latest technological trends catering to the needs of the wet processing industry.
Practicals are being conducted in relevance to industrial atmosphere, enhanced by pilot plant laboratory equipment by way of variety of fibres blends, Preparatory processing, Dyeing, Printing and Finishing technologies are imparted with emphasis on development of practical knowledge. Invited expert guest lectures on specialised topics, expert career guidance to students are part of the academic activities.
After successful completion of the diploma course, the students can find bright career openings in reputed processing mills of the growing industrial sectors of Tami Nadu, Karnataka, Kerala and Northern states. Overseas employment in developing countries like Thailand, Indonesia, Gulf, Philippines, Bangladesh, Sri Lanka, African countries, China, Pakistan, Bangladesh, Mauritius etc., which are potential growth production centres in the field of Textiles. Our alumni are occupying key position levels in leading Textile corporate industries, rendering reputed service. Few of the growing lists are Premier Spinning & Weaving Mills, Bombay Rayon Fashions, K.G.Denim, Raymonds, Precot Mills , leading Tirupur / Karur based export firms, internationally reputed testing centres like ITS, TUV, SGS, MNC / leading Indian Dyestuff and chemical manufacturing companies like Dystar, Haunsman, BASF, etc. Scope for further studies is enhanced by lateral entry schemes in B.TECH programs of Textile Technology, Chemical Processing and Fashion related Degree Courses.
The faculty members of the department are well qualified from reputed universities. They have excellent practical exposure and undertake many research works. They have published many articles in the national and international journals and presented technical papers in national level and international level conferences. They have authored textbooks on various topics of the textile processing field which are referred in many institutions all over the country. The department organizes seminars every year in order to facilitate effective Industries – Institute Interaction services.
The department is committed for environmental services, pollution control and new technology developments in waste water treatments and conducts dedicated research projects on a continuity basis, which Includes four patents by the HOD Prof S.Udhayamarthandan. He and Dr. A. Edwin Sunder Lecturer (selection grade) is a Ph. D holder from Anna University.
Prof.S.Udhayamarthandan is known for development and dissemination of sustainable technologies, related to Energy, Water, Pollution control, Cleaner Technologies at national and global level. He is also pursueing Ph.D program.
Achievements, Awards and Rewards
ACCREDITATION - Our Department is accredited by NBA for three years.
1) Our Polytechnic College have got Rs. 19.50 Lakhs sanction from AICTE (All India Council for Technical Education) under MODROBS (Modernization and Removal of Obsolescence in Technical Education) scheme for the "Establishment of State of the art dyeing laboratory" in the Department of Textile Processing. Dr. A. Edwin Sunder, Lecturer (S.G) of Department of Textile Processing is the Chief Co - ordinator of this project during 2013 - 2014.
1)3 days National Seminar on textile Wet Processing – 1990.
2)One day National Seminar on Textile Wet Processing – 1991
3)Seminar on Pollution control in Textile Wet Processing 2002 – 2003 with financial aid from A1CTE Seminar grant.
4) Two days AICTE Sponsored Seminar on "Technological Developments in Textile Printing" in 2007.
1. Our Students are consistently scoring Top ranks in the Board Examinations every semester / year.
2. Our Students are well encouraged to participate in Seminars, Symposiums and Technical paper Presentation competitions..
3. Our Alumni after B.Tech Graduation are regularly being selected for Dystar - Alok Industries sponsored Technologists Developement Program at National Level.
- Diploma in Textile Technology
- Diploma in Textile Processing
- Diploma in Textile Technology[Design and Weaving]
- Diploma in Textile Technology[Man Made Fibres]
- Diploma in Textile Marketing & Management
- Diploma in Garment Technology
- Diploma in Computer Engineering
- Diploma in Mechanical Engineering
- Diploma in Electrical and Electronic Engineering
- Diploma in Electronics & Communication Engineering
Government Aided Courses
Self Finance Courses
NEWS AND EVENTS