Textile Marketing & Management
TEXTILE MARKETING & MANAGEMENT
This course is designed with a perfect blend of Textile Technology, Garment Manufacturing and Management, Accounts, Entrepreneurship & Statistics subjects. The curriculum and training aim at providing overall technical knowledge in major areas of production and focused exposure in Marketing and Management relating to the textile field. Facilities available in our Spinning, Weaving, Processing and Garment laboratories are utilized for practical training. Computer laboratories with the latest software are utilized for developing skills in communication,CAD, marketing, office management systems and finance. An Audio Visual Studio is developed to promote & create modern advertising concepts including online advertising creativity. Training in Export Management and Merchandising is offered through Internet and in-plant training at export units.
ALL THREE YEARS SEMESTER PATTERN
The Diploma in Textile Marketing & Management is designed to impart knowledge and skill in Garment & Textiles and allied organizations.The curriculum and training aim at producing well qualified technicians who can establish customer relationship and effectively co-ordinate in the vital areas of operations relating to Textile & Garment Production, Merchandising, Personnel Management and Finance. It is a unique combination of Textile Sciences, Management Sciences and Computer application which also incorporates industrial training in all the essential areas of Textile & Garment manufacturing and trade.
The advent of computers generated revolution in communication, which helps in management decision making, data processing and application of computer systems in business is also an integral part of the syllabus. The subject on entrepreneur development is included for the exposure of entrepreneurial characteristics to the students.
The curriculum and trainning are periodically updated to maintain 100 % industrial orientation to equip the students for ready employment. Students of this course are assigned responsible positions in Marketing, Merchandising, Production, Quality Control and Administration in various reputed organizations. Currently, they are employed in spinning mills, weaving and sizing units, processing mills, garment export units and also in the non-textile sectors dealing with software, financial institutions, paint industries etc. both in India and abroad. With the knowledge of information Technology, our students are contributing to the application of information technology in textile and garment industry. Many students who completed the diploma in Textile Marketing & Management emerged as successful entrepreneurs in Textile and Garment Manufacturing and Allied Service industries.
- Most of our students projects were done with the active support of the user industries
- To upgrade regularly, syllabus oriented guest lectures and industrial visits to kindle the interest of students on the latest happenings in industries.
- A total 6 weeks of intensive inplant training is arranged for all the students during their 4th & 5th semester vacations.
- Short term courses on personality development & effective communication are offered to the students for developing their wholesome personality to face the challenges of external world.
Achievements, Awards and Rewards
Every year Workshops and Seminars are conducted by Department of Textile Marketing & Management on Entrepreneurship, Export Promoting, Short Film Production etc.
Our staff members are giving guest lectures in the polytechnics, schools and other colleges too on various topics in management and general subjects.
Our students present technical papers in various polytechnic colleges.
Faculty Up gradation after joining SSM Polytechnic College
1.Er. R.Dhanasekar - M.E (CSE) - 1993 - Anna University, Chennai.
2.Major. S.Sivapathasekaran - M.A., M.B.A., M Phil. (Ph.D) - 2008 - Periyar University, Salem.
3. Mr. P.Devarajan - M.B.A., M.Phil - 2009 - Periyar University, Salem
4. Er. P.Chinnusamy - M.E(C.S.E) - 2011 - Anna University - CBE., MCA - 1998 - University of Madras - Chennai.,
- Diploma in Textile Technology
- Diploma in Textile Processing
- Diploma in Textile Technology[Design and Weaving]
- Diploma in Textile Technology[Man Made Fibres]
- Diploma in Textile Marketing & Management
- Diploma in Garment Technology
- Diploma in Computer Engineering
- Diploma in Mechanical Engineering
- Diploma in Electrical and Electronic Engineering
- Diploma in Electronics & Communication Engineering
Government Aided Courses
Self Finance Courses
NEWS AND EVENTS