ALL THREE YEARS SEMESTER PATTERN
The 3 years full time diploma course in textile technology branch has the primary objective of creating man power to meet the needs of the Indian textile manufacturing industries. In the present scenario, the textile industry in India is facing severe competition in the national and international markets. The textile products manufactured in the Indian textile industry have to meet the quality requirement and cost competitiveness in the Indian as well as the global textile markets. With this view, the sylabus is framed to impart the theoretical and practical knowledge in various textiles manufacturing process such as spinning, weaving, chemical processing, knitting, garment making and finishing with the latest sophisticated machinery. The subjects imparting basic knowledge on textile raw materials, textile plant engineering, textile testing and quality assurance and textile mill management are included in the curriculum. Since the advent of computers and its applications as revolutionised the textile industry at present, basic practicals on computer applications, computer aided textile designing & Garment CAD are also incorporated in the curriculum. Knowledge on latest technologies emerging in the textile industry is imparted through the various elective subjects in the curriculum.
This course is conducted on full time basis over a period of 3 years, consisting of 6 semesters, Communication Skills Practicals and Disaster Management are also included in the syllabus. To enable the students to gain exposure in the textile industry, inplant training is imparted for a period of 4 weeks at the end of 4th semester.
CURRICULUM OUTLINE L - Scheme 2011 - 2012 batch onwards
|SEMESTER - I & II - Common to All Diploma Courses. For further details see First Year Syllabus
|SEMESTER - III - L - Scheme
- Fibre Science & Technology
- Yarn Manufacture - I
- Fabric Manufacture - I
- Fibre Identification Practical
- Yarn Manufacture – I practical
- Fabric Manufacture – I practical
- Computer Application Practical
|SEMESTER - IV - L - Scheme
- Basic Engineering
- Yarn Manufacture - II
- Fabric Manufacture – II
- Elementary Textile Design
- Yarn Manufacture - II Practical
- Fabric Manufacture – II Practical
- Elementary Textile Design Practical
|SEMESTER - V - L - Scheme
- Textile Testing
- Textile Wet Processing
- Advanced Textile Design
- Advanced Textile Manufacture
- Technical Textiles
- Textile Testing Practical
- Textile Wet Processing Practical
- Communication & Life Skill Practical
| SEMESTER - VI - L - Scheme
- Textile Management
- Garment Manufacture
- Maintenance Of Textile Machinery
- Process Control in Spinning
- Garment Manufacture Practical
- Textile CAD practical
- Garment CAD Practical
- Project Work
The students after successful completion of this course will be able to work as
- Supervisors in spinning and weaving mills, wet processing units and garment making units
- Quality Control Assistant in Quality Control Laboratories in Textile Industry
- Technical Assistance in Government Organization such as Textile committee, central silk Board, Jute Board, Department of industries & Commerce.
- Garment designers in ordinance clothing factories
- Entrepreneurs of weaving, knitting and garment making units
Students of this course are getting 100% placement before the final semester examinations and they are placed in various levels in the reputed industries such as M/s.Raymonds, Mumbai, M/s.Intertek Testing services, Tirupur, M/s.S.P Apparels, Avinashi, Conquest, Tirupur, M/s.Sambandam spinning mills, Salem, M/s. Leeds spinning & weaving mills, Sathyamangalam, M/s. SCM Spinning Mills, Avinashi, M/s Gokak Mills, Belgaum, M/s Bharat silks, Bangalore, M/s Sahi Exports, Bangalore, M/s Madura Coats, Madurai, M/s Statex Spinning Mills, Coimbatore, Priemier Spinning Mills Hosur, etc.
Achievements, Awards and Rewards
ACCREDITATION: - Our Department got the prestigious NBA Accreditation for 3 years since May 7th, 2007,
MODERNIZATION – DEVELOPMENTS:
- 1995 - Textile Testing Laboratory updated to the tune of Rs.30 Lakhs with the World Bank Aid. Spinning Laboratory strengthened by the addition of new machineries with the aid of World bank to the tune of Rs.54.5 lakhs.
- The AICTE, New Delhi under MODROBS scheme sanctioned Rs. 10,00,000 / (Ten lakhs) to purchase new Blowroom in the year 2008-2009. Mr. R. Gopalakrishnan, HOD/DTT is the Chief Co-ordinator.A new Blowroom is added to the spinning lab.
- The AICTE, New Delhi under MODROBS scheme sanctioned Rs. 19,60,000 / (Ninteen Lakhs & Sixty Thousand) to purchase new Testing Equipment's in the year 2012-2013. Mr. P.Angappan, Lect(Sl.Gr)/DTT is the Chief Co-ordinator. A new Testing Equipment(Automatic Single Yarn Strength Tester & Trash Separator) is added to the Testing lab.
- 20.01.1995 - Seminar conducted on “Modern trends in yarn quality maintenance”.
- 20.08.2005 - A seminar on “Indian Textile towards Excellence” conducted.
- A workshop on spinning is conducted for II and III year DTT Students on 20/07/2011.
PAPER PRESENTATION & PUBLICATIONS – TRAINING : STAFF
- Mr. T.Murugan has attended 2 weeks AICTE Sponsored programme on"Fashion Design & TEchnology" at Bannari Amman Institute of Technology, Sathyamangalam from 20/05/2013 to 01/06/2013.
- Mr. R.Gopalakrishnan, HOD / DTT and Mr. P.Angappan, Senior Lecturer have been appointed as the Member for L Scheme – Textile Technology syllabus revision.
- Mr. T.Murugan Lect / DTT have been appointed as the Member for L Scheme – Textile Technology(Man Made Fibres) syllabus revision.
- Books authored :
Textile Testing - R.Gopalakrishnan & P.Angappan
Fibre Science & Technology - R.Gopalakrishnan & T.Murugan
Fibre Science & Tech. (Tamil) - R.Gopalakrishnan, et. al
Textile Wet Processing - P.Angappan et. al (English & Tamil)
Technology of Yarn forming - T.Murugan and R.Narasimhan
Technology of Fabric Manufacture – II & Advanced Textile Manufacture - R.Muthusamy & P.Angappan
Technology of Yarn Manufacture-II - R.Narasimhan
- Mr. T. Murugan Senior Lecturer has published the following papers in leading magazines.
- “Textile Machinery Control Systems” in Textile Magazine June 2002.
- “Nomex – an overview” in Synthetic Fibres, July/September 2002.
- “Development in Airjet Spinning” in the Indian Textile Journal, May 2003.
- 29.01.2005 - Sri M. Muruganantham won second prize in the Technical Quiz Competition conducted by IIHT, Salem.
- Sri K. Prakash received Silver medal in 5000 metre and Bronze medal in 10000 metre conducted by IPAA (2005-2006)
- Sri R. Thirumalai received Bronze medal in 1500 meters conducted by IPAA (2005-2006).
- Sri N.Gunasekaran received Bronze medal in high jump conducted by IPAA (2006-2007).
- SGT V.Nandhagopal attended 7 NCC annual training camp, and passed B certificate. (2005 – 2006) and (2006 – 2007 )
- Sri M. Manimaran selected to receive N.Damotharan endowment scholarship (10000/-)awarded by Precot Meridian ,Coimbatore , in the year 2006-2007,2007-2008.
- Selvan A. Amalraj secured 579 / 600 marks in the IV semester Examination (2007- 2008) and placed state 2nd rank.
- Selvan K. Kumarasamy Roopanand and Selvan. Brijesh Patel have been awarded first prize in Technical quiz competition in the state level polymeet held at Arulmigu Chandikeswari Polytechnic College, Coimbatore on 1st & 2nd September 2008.
- Selvan. A. Amalraj has won First prize in the State Level Technical Symposium THIAGFEST ’08 conducted by Thiagaraja Polytechnic College, Salem held on 24.01.2008.
- Selvan Nallathambi has been selected to receive N.Damotharan Endowment Scholarship (Rs. 10000/-) awarded by Precot Meridian, Coimbatore for the year 2008 – 2009.
- Selvam Vigneshraja II DTT has been selected to receive N.Damotharan Endowment Scholarship (Rs. 10000/-) awarded by Precot Meridian, Coimbatore for the year 2011 - 2012.