ALL THREE YEARS SEMESTER PATTERN
This specialized course designed as a unique combination of designing and weaving processes ideally suits the requirments of the weaving industry which needs qualified technicians equipped with innovative aptitute, imaginative perception and creativity. Staff members with wide experience in leading industrial houses and excellent academic qualification train the students according to the specialized nature of the curriculum.
The entire range of weaving preparatory machines such as cone winding, sectional warping, single end sizing, schweiter automatic pirn winding , along with Weaving machines like Ruit -C Automatic loom, Jacquard loom, Terry loom, Pick-at-Will loom, Drop box loom, Auto loom with Cam dobby and Cross border jacquard loom are available in working condotion. A Textile Designing Studio with latest CAD Software for dobby, jacquard and printed designs is developed to enhance creativity.
Shuttleless Weaving machines like Picanol GTX Plus Rapier Weaving machine, Picanol Omni Airjet Weaving machine, Picanol PAT-A Airjet Weaving machine & CCI Sample Rapier Loom, Sample Warper & Single End Sizing machine are available in the department for exclusive training purpose.
CURRICULUM OUTLINE L - Scheme 2011 - 2012 batch onwards
|SEMESTER - I & II - Common to All Diploma Courses. For further details see First Year Syllabus
|SEMESTER - III - L - Scheme
- Fibre Science and Technology
- Ancient Art & Printed Textile Designs
- Fabric Manufacture - I
- Ancient Art & Printed Textile Designs Practical
- Basics of Textile Design Practical
- Fabric Manufacture - I Practical
- Computer Applications Practical
|SEMESTER - IV - L - Scheme
- Technology of Yarn Manufacture
- Colour and Weave Effects
- Fabric Manufacture - II
- Elementary Textile Designs
- Colour and Weave Effects Practical
- Fabric Manufacture - II Practical
- Elementary Textile Designs Practical
|SEMESTER - V - L - Scheme
- Textile Testing
- Textile Wet Processing
- Advanced Textile Designs
- Jacquard Designs for Home and Apparels
- Technical Textiles
- Textile Testing Practical
- Textile Wet Processing Practical
- Communication & Life Skills Practical
|SEMESTER - VI - L - Scheme
- Textile Management
- Garment Manufacture
- Modern Weaving Technology
- Application of Electronics in Weaving
- Garment Manufacture Practical
- Jacquard Designs for Home and Apparels Practical
- Modern Weaving Technology Practicals
- Project Work, Entrepreneurship, Environmental Engineering & Disaster management
Presently there are artists who can create designs, but without knowing the intricacies of converting it on the fabric. Weavers are available without the knowledge of designing. There is lack of technical persons in the industry with good knowledge in textile designing and the technical knowledge of converting these designs on the fabric. This course aims at solving the above lacuna by blending Textile Designing & Weaving in the course.
The candidate who completes the course can either become a Textile Designer or a Weaving Technician depending upon their elective subject that is chosen.The syllabus is drafted in such a manner that a candidate of this course can become
- Weaving / supervisor
- A textile designer
- A fabric evaluator
- Establish his own design studio
- Establish his own weaving unit
- A trader or fabric purchaser for big unit
- A fabric co-ordinator
With meritorious track record and well established link with reputed industries throughout the country, all our academic efforts are focused the objective of 100% placement to our students. Specialized nature of our course and quality of trainning offered in our department is well recognized in industry across the country.Employment before completing education is made possible through campus interviews. The goodwill and reputation created by our alumni employed in respectable positions in all leading industries over a period of more than two decades has created our brand image for employment across the country.
We are inviting experts from Industries to deliver Guest lectures for the students.Two guest lectures are arranged in every semester.
A batch of 12 Girls students of DTT(D&W) IV Semester has undergone INPLANT training at PDEXIL office, Erode. The students were trained on Computer Aided Textile Designing by WINSOFT Solutions, jointly organised by PDEXIL & Textile Commissioner Office, Erode during April 2012.
TRAINING PROGRAMME OFFERED
We are offering training in Shuttleless Loom for Enterpreneurs, Supervisor / Fitter and Operator. Training is also imparted in Computer Aided Textile Designing with latest softwares like Textronics and Winsoft with LAN facility.
Achievements, Awards and Rewards
ACCREDITATION - Our Department got the prestigious NBA accreditation for 3 years since 2007 May.
MODERNIZATION – DEVELOPMENTS:
1. During 2003-04 Received Rs.15 Lakhs from AICTE under MODROBS scheme for Picanol Shuttleless Rapier Weaving Machine.
2. Two Air jet weaving machines were purchased in 2006 at a cost of Rs. 3.5 lakhs , Picanol OMNI and PAT-A with air compressor and dryer.
3. During 2008 - 2009 CCI Sample Loom, CCI Sample Warper & CCI Single End Sizing Machine are installed with a grant of 15,00,000/- from AICTE MODROBS Scheme.
4. Department of Textile Technology (Textile Design & weaving) is conducting an AICTE Sponsored 3 Days Seminar on"Trends and Developments in Modern Weaving" for Textile Technology Faculty members of Polytechnic Colleges all over India From 30/07/2013 to 01/08/2013
5. DTT(TD&W) has organized an Educational Tour for Final year students to visit Textile Industries and other sight worthy places in Tamilnadu and Kerala from 25/07/2013 to 27/07/2013.
1. Organized 2 weeks AICTE Sponsored Staff development programme on “Induction training programme in Textile Technology” in April 2003.
2. Organized one day seminar on Technical Textiles at our college on 18.03.2006 for industry and academic people.
3. Organized one day seminar on “The enhancement of fabric quality and machine performance” by Picanol, Belgium on 29.7.2005.
4. Conducted 4 days Short Term Course on "Fabric Co-ordination - Job & Responsibilities" for 20 students from various polytechnics from 25/10/10 to 28/10/10.
5. Conducted one day workshop on "Weaving" at our college on 21/07/2011 with support of ISTE. Two eminents from ATE ltd., coimbatore conducted the workshop most effectively and all the students got benefited.
The Project titled “Fabrication of sample loom” guided by Mr. R. Gopalakrishanan, HOD adjudged as the best project by the DOTE, Chennai in the year 2005 – 2006.
IV National Grassroots Technological Innovations & Traditional Award-2004
Mr. S.Shanmugam of 2008 batch has Developed an innovative project “Conversion of ordinary plain power loom into continuous weft feeding loom” which was selected by National Innovation Foundation, Ahemedabad for IV National Grassroots Technological Innovations & Traditional Award-2004 and he received the award from the Honorable President of India Dr. A.P.J.ABDUL KALAM in the IV biennial National Award function at New Delhi on 12.02.2007
Best Project – State Level
1.R.Muthusamy - Fabrication of Mini Sizing Machine with Sectional Warping Machine - 1984-1985 -I
2.R.Muthusamy - Survey of sizing Ingredients, preparation of size paste & their application - 1984-1985 - III
3.A.Sivarajan - Colour & Weave Effect - 1985-1986 - II
4.A.Sivarajan - Kalamkari Printing - 1990-1991 - II
5.R.Gopalakrishnan - Fabrication of Sample Loom & Preparation of Samples - 2005-2006 - I
6.Mr. P.Karuppannan’s project “Fabrication of Swift for unwinding silk yarn”.
PAPER PRESENTATION & PUBLICATIONS – TRAINING : STAFF
1. Prof. R.Muthusamy , Former HOD & Principal has Undergone three months training in Scottish college of Textiles, Galashiels, Scotland, United Kingdom, sponsored by Ministry of Human Resources and Development under World Bank Assisted Second Technician Education Project in 1997.
2. One of our faculty and 4 technicians had undergone hands on training in projectile Shuttleless loom at SULTEX India Pvt Limited, Mumbai since 2003.
3. Our staff members V.Ilango, T.S.Nallasamy & P.Vetrivel have undergone training at KG Fabriks - Sipcot, Perundurai for erection of CCI machineries at our lab.
4. S.Ramasubbu, HOD presented Guest Lecture on "Application of Chemistry in Textiles" for UG & PG students in Chemistry at JKKN Arts & Science College, Vattamalai on 01/02/2011.
M/s V.S.M Weaves India Private Limited has selected 4 of our students through campus interview and they have sponsored Rs 50,000 for these students for two weeks hands on training at Sultex (India) Pvt Ltd,. Mumbai.
Selvi. Sundarambal of III semester DTT(TD&W) has been awarded scholarship by "N.Damodharan Trust", Coimbatore.
Achieved 90% results in April 2013 Board Examinations.
28 Students passing VI Semester DTT(TD&W) in April 2013 are awarded Diploma in First Class.
20 Students passing VI Semester DTT(TD&W) in April 2013 are awarded Diploma in First Class with Distinction.
1. S. Ramasubbu, Served as the Co-Ordinator of the Syllabus committee for Diploma in Textile Technology (Textile Design & Weaving) appointed by the Director of Technical Education, Chennai. – L Scheme being implemented from 2012 - 2013 academic year.
2. V.Ilango, Senior Lecture (Sr.Gr), A.Sivarajan, Lecture (Sr.Gr) Served as the members of the syllabus committee for DTT (TD&W) –L-Scheme.
3. Our staff are appointed as Question paper setters, answer paper valuers for many Textile based Colleges and Deemed Universities in Tamilnadu and Kerala
4. S.Ramasubbu HOD developed curriculum for NITTTR, Chennai - DACUM for the textile weaving trades Fitter, Loom operator Sizing tendr & beam gaiter
7. Our faculty have published the following Books for the past 25 years on various textile subjects. The details are given below :
i) Hand book for the Textile Technicians
ii) Textile Management & Entrepreneurship
iii) Fabric Manufacture – I
iv) Advanced Textile Manufacturing
v) Textile Wet Processing
vi) Fibre Science
vii) Textile Testing
viii) Fabric Forming
ix) Fabric manufacture - II
INDUSTRIAL EXPERIENCE OF STAFF MEMBER
S.Ramasubbu - HOD - Lakshmi Machine Works, CBE - 11 Years, Suguna Mills Pvt., Ltd., - 1 Year, TNTC Mills, Arupukkotai - 1 Year, Karthikeya spinning & Weaving Mills CBE - 1 Year, Premier Evolvics Pvt., Ltd., CBE - 3 Years, Indo Rama Synthetics, CBE - 2 1/2 Years.
V. ILANGO - Asher Textile Mills Ltd, Tirupur Production Officer - 5, Fenner (India) Ltd, Textile Division - Dharmapuri - Asst. Manager - 1 ½ Year
A.SIVARAJAN - Valliamman Screen Makers-Erode Chief designer - 2 ½ Year.
V.Prabudas - Yuvaraj Dyeings, Tirupur - 1 1/2 Years, Design Classic Exports, Tirupur - 2 Years, Sonal Garments, Bangalore - 2 Years, Textile Sourcing & Services vt., Ltd., Bangalore - 2 1/2 Years.
T.S.Nallasamy - Pullicar Mills Ltd.,T.code - 1 Year, Binny Ltd., Bangalore - 7 Years.
Mr. A. Sivarajan, Lecturer (Sl.Gr) has attended "TEQIP" on Language use in technology integrated class room communication for a period of 7 days from 20/06/2013 to 26/06/2013 at Govt. College of Technology, Coimbatore.
Mr. A. Sivarajan, Lecturer (Sl.Gr)has attended AICTE sponsored faculty development programme on "Recent Developments in Nano Materials and Nano Technology" at Muthyammal Polytechnic College, Rasipuram from 03/07/2013 to 16/07/2013.
Mr. U.Sivagnanam, Lecturer has attended "TEQIP" on "Mathematics Applications" at Govt. Engineering College, Bargur for 7 days in Feb 2013
Mr. T.S.Nallasamy has attended one day Workshop on "ERP and Exam Information System" at Karpagam Polytechnic College, Coimbatore on 29th December 2012.