ALL THREE YEARS SEMESTER PATTERN
Our institute has offered this diploma course for nearly 2 decades and the department has produced thousands of technocrats. The curriculum and training of this diploma programme is specillay designed to provide a well Qualified Manpower to cater to the needs of various segment of the textile industry.
Modern elements in Textile Fibres, Garment Production and Textile wet Processing are incorporated to add more values to this course.
The curriculum of this course covers almost the technology of all streams of Textile sector starting from Fibres, Spinning, Weaving, Processing, Finishing till Garment Manufacturing and textile mill management.
In plant Training and industrial visits are also offered as a part of the curriculum so as to give in depth knowledge in the subjects, which we taught. This will provide industrial exposure to the students during their study in our campus.
CURRICULUM OUTLINE L - Scheme 2011 - 2012 batch onwards
|SEMESTER - I & II - Common to All Diploma Courses. For further details see First Year Syllabus
|SEMESTER - III - L - Scheme
- Natural Fibre Science
- Preparation for Textile Processing
- Apparel Designing
- Fibre Analysis - Practical
- Preparation for Textile Processing - Practical
- Apparel Designing - Practical
- Computer Application - Practical
|SEMESTER - IV - L - Scheme
- Technology of Yarn Manufacturer
- Technology of Fabric Manufacturer
- Polymer Science and Regenerated Fibres
- Technology of Dyeing of Natural and Man Made Textiles
- Technology of Yarn Manufacture - Practical
- Technology of Fabric Manufacture - Practical
- Technology of Dyeing of Natural and Man Made Textiles - Practical
|SEMESTER - V - L - Scheme
- Textile Testing
- Technology of Textile Printing
- Synthetic Fibre Manufacture
- Garment Manufacturing Technology - I
- Technical Textile
- Textile Testing Practical
- Garment Manufacturing Technology Practical.
- Communication & Life Skills practical
|SEMESTER - VI - L - Scheme
- Textile Management
- Technology of Finishing of Natural and Man Made Textiles
- Garment Manufacturing Technology - II
- Advances in Synthetic Fibre Manufacture
- Textile Printing Practical
- Technology of Finishing of Natural and Man Made Textiles Practical
- Advanced Garment Manufacturing Technology Practical
- Project Work
The students passed out with this diploma are employed in reputed industries all over the country through campus interview. Here we listed few such industries, they are Arvind mills, DCL polyester, Indian Acrylics, Indorama synthetics, Reliance Industries, Sanghi Polyesters, Gokuldas images, American specific, Lakshmigraha apparels, Loyal textiles, SP apparels etc. .
We normally achieve 100% placement every year. We are proud to say that this has been achieved by the fact that our old students are really performing very well in Textiles Industries. This naturally paves the way for the student’s employment and entrepreneurial opportunities in various areas of Textile field.
This Department organises guest lectures, technical seminars (national level), Educational Tours and study visits in its specialised area to keep the students abreast of latest trends in the industry. Our students are regularly get trained in soft skills by undergoing 3 module of Personality Development Programme.
The faculty members of this department are having lot of industrial experience and are highly qualified from leading reputed technical insititions like Anna University, Chennai and P.S.G. college of Technology, Coimbatore.
Achievements, Awards and Rewards
1. Our Polytechnic College have got Rs. 15.80 Lakhs sanction from AICTE (All India Council for Technical Education) under MODROBS (Modernization and Removal of Obsolescence in Technical Education) scheme for the "Modernization of Synthetic Textile Processing & Quality Assurance Laboratory" in the Department of Man Made Fibre Technology. Mr. T.Murugan, Lecturer (S.G)of Department of Textile Technology is the Co - ordinator of this project during 2010 - 2011.
2. AICTE has sponsored 18.00 Lakhs for Modernization of Man Made Textile Fibre Manufacturing Laboratory with "Automatic Wet Spinning Machine" under MODROBS scheme during the year 2012- 2013. Mr. V.Ilango HOD / DTT(MMF) is the Chief Co -Ordinator for this Project.
PAPER PRESENTATION & PUBLICATIONS – TRAINING : STAFF
1.Our Head of the Department Mr.V.Ilango M.Tech.,(Ph.D) has authored the following books, published through our co-operative store.
a.Technology of Fabric Manufacturing – 1
b.Technology of Fabric Manufacturing – II
c.Textile Wet Processing
2.Our Head of the Department In-charge Mr.V.Ilango and Lecturer Mr.A.Murugesan have successfully completed and passed Internal Auditor course for ISO 9001 conducted by BIS Chennai.
3. Our Head of the Department Mr. V.Ilango is the Management Representative of our college "ISO" certification.
4.Our Department Staff members have attended lot of National and International Seminars and Workshops organized by AICTE and NITTTR regularly.
5.Our Head of the Department Mr.V.Ilango is doing his Ph.D in the field of Textile composites.
6. Mr. V.Ilango HOD/DTT(MMF) attended 2 weeks AICTE program on "Modern Spinning Technology", "Modern Garment Technoloyg" at Bannari Amman Institute of Technology, Sathyamangalam.
7. Mr. A.Murugesan and Mr. M.Maniraj attended 2 weeks AICTE programme on "Modern Garment Technology","Fashion Designing & Technology" Bannari Amman Institute of Technology, Sathyamangalam.
1.Our students are regularly participating in the state level paper presentation, competitions at various institute.
Head of the Department Mr.V.Ilango has served as a Syllabus Committee Member for preparing L Scheme syllabus for the Department of Textile Technology (MMF) and Textile Technology(TD&W).