TEXTILE TECHNOLOGY (DESIGN AND WEAVING)
This specialised course designed as a unique combination of Textile designing and weaving processes ideally suits the requirements of the weaving industry which needs qualified technicians equipped with innovative aptitude, imaginative perception and creativity. Staff members with wide experience in leading industrial houses and excellent academic qualification train the students according to the specialised nature of the curriculum.
The entire range of weaving preparatory machines such as Cone winding, Sectional warping, Single end sizing, Schweiter Automatic pirn winding, along with weaving machines like Ruti-C Automatic loom, Jacquard loom, Terry loom, Pick - at will loom, Drop box loom, Auto loom with cam dobby, Cross Border Jacquard are available in working condition. A Computer Aided Textile Designing Studio with the latest CAD Softwares for Dobby, Jacquard and Printed designs is developed to enhance creativity of the students.
Shuttleless Weaving machine like Picanol GTX Plus Rapier Weaving machine,Picanol Omni Airjet Weaving machine, Picanol PAT-A Airjet Weaving machine are available in the department for exclusive training purpose.
To facilitate the students for enhancing their practical skills in producing sample cloths by themselves on different weaves, CCI Taiwan make sample looms, sample warper ans single end sample sizer have been bought and kept available in our lab.
Need based short term courses are offered in the following area.
- 3 months, 6 months and 1 year courses in Shuttleless Weaving for Enterpreneurs, Supervisors / Fitters and Operators
- Computer Aided Textile Designing (Textile CAD)
- Fabric Analysis & Costing
- Powerloom Weaving (Jacquard, Dobby, Drop-Box)
- Mat Weaving
- Fabric Co ordinator (1 Week)
ALL THREE YEARS SEMESTER PATTERN
This specialized course designed as a unique combination of designing and weaving processes ideally suits the requirments of the weaving industry which needs qualified technicians equipped with innovative aptitute, imaginative perception and creativity. Staff members with wide experience in leading industrial houses and excellent academic qualification train the students according to the specialized nature of the curriculum.
The entire range of weaving preparatory machines such as cone winding, sectional warping, single end sizing, schweiter automatic pirn winding , along with Weaving machines like Ruit -C Automatic loom, Jacquard loom, Terry loom, Pick-at-Will loom, Drop box loom, Auto loom with Cam dobby and Cross border jacquard loom are available in working condotion. A Textile Designing Studio with latest TEXTRONICS Software for dobby, jacquard, printed designs and 3D mapping is available to improve creativity of the students.
Shuttleless Weaving machines like Picanol GTX Plus Rapier Weaving machine, Picanol Omni Airjet Weaving machine, Picanol PAT-A Airjet Weaving machine & CCI Sample Rapier Loom, Sample Warper & Single End Sizing machine are available in the department for exclusive training purpose.
The main objective of this unique course is to produce students enriched with the knowledge of fiber science, spinning, weaving, fabric structure and designing, garment manufacture and textile wet processing to suit the requirement of textile industries in different arenas.
The candidate who completes the course can either become a Textile Designer or a Weaving Technician depending upon their elective subject that is chosen.The syllabus is drafted in such a manner that a candidate of this course can become
- Weaving / supervisor
- A textile designer
- A fabric evaluator
- Establish his own design studio
- Establish his own weaving unit
- A trader or fabric purchaser for big unit
- A fabric co-ordinator
With meritorious track record and well established link with reputed industries throughout the country, all our academic efforts are focused the objective of 100% placement to our students. Specialized nature of our course and quality of trainning offered in our department is well recognized in industry across the country.Employment before completing education is made possible through campus interviews. The goodwill and reputation created by our alumni employed in respectable positions in all leading industries over a period of more than two decades has created our brand image for employment across the country.
We are inviting experts from Industries to deliver Guest lectures for the students.Two guest lectures are arranged in every semester.
A batch of 12 Girls students of DTT(D&W) IV Semester has undergone INPLANT training at PDEXIL office, Erode. The students were trained on Computer Aided Textile Designing by WINSOFT Solutions, jointly organised by PDEXIL & Textile Commissioner Office, Erode during April 2012.
Achievements, Awards and Rewards
MODERNIZATION – DEVELOPMENTS:
1. During 2003-04 Received Rs.15 Lakhs from AICTE under MODROBS scheme for Picanol Shuttleless Rapier Weaving Machine.
2. Two Air jet weaving machines were purchased in 2006 at a cost of Rs. 3.5 lakhs , Picanol OMNI and PAT-A with air compressor and dryer.
3. During 2008 - 2009 CCI Sample Loom, CCI Sample Warper & CCI Single End Sizing Machine are installed with a grant of 15,00,000/- from AICTE MODROBS Scheme.
4. DTT(TD&W) has organized an Educational Tour for Final year students to visit Textile Industries and other sight worthy places in Tamilnadu and Kerala from 25/07/2013 to 27/07/2013.
1. Organized 2 weeks AICTE Sponsored Staff development programme on “Induction training programme in Textile Technology” in April 2003.
2. Organized one day seminar on Technical Textiles at our college on 18.03.2006 for industry and academic people.
3. Organized one day seminar on “The enhancement of fabric quality and machine performance” by Picanol, Belgium on 29.7.2005.
4. Conducted 4 days Short Term Course on "Fabric Co-ordination - Job & Responsibilities" for 20 students from various polytechnics from 25/10/10 to 28/10/10.
5. Conducted one day workshop on "Weaving" at our college on 21/07/2011 with support of ISTE. Two eminents from ATE ltd., coimbatore conducted the workshop most effectively and all the students got benefited.
6. Department of Textile Technology (Textile Design & weaving) is conducting an AICTE Sponsored 3 Days Seminar on"Trends and Developments in Modern Weaving" for Textile Technology Faculty members of Polytechnic Colleges all over India From 30/07/2013 to 01/08/2013
The Project titled “Fabrication of sample loom” guided by Mr. R. Gopalakrishanan, HOD adjudged as the best project by the DOTE, Chennai in the year 2005 – 2006.
IV National Grassroots Technological Innovations & Traditional Award-2004
Mr. S.Shanmugam of 2008 batch has Developed an innovative project “Conversion of ordinary plain power loom into continuous weft feeding loom” which was selected by National Innovation Foundation, Ahemedabad for IV National Grassroots Technological Innovations & Traditional Award-2004 and he received the award from the Honorable President of India Dr. A.P.J.ABDUL KALAM in the IV biennial National Award function at New Delhi on 12.02.2007
1. M/s V.S.M Weaves India Private Limited has selected 4 of our students through campus interview and they have sponsored Rs 50,000 for these students for two weeks hands on training at Sultex (India) Pvt Ltd,. Mumbai.
2. Selvi. Sundarambal of III semester DTT(TD&W) has been awarded scholarship by "N.Damodharan Trust", Coimbatore.
3. Achieved 90% results in April 2013 Board Examinations.
4. 28 Students passing VI Semester DTT(TD&W) in April 2013 are awarded Diploma in First Class.
5. 20 Students passing VI Semester DTT(TD&W) in April 2013 are awarded Diploma in First Class with Distinction.
6. Our student Selvi K.Poornima was honoured by ISTE by awarding the Best Outgoing Student in 2014.
7. Our II year Student Selvi K.Jeevitha is awarded scholarship by Kalki Krishnamoorthy Memorial Trust, Chennai.
8. Our students Selvi S.Amudha and Selvi K.Sundharambal were given scholarschip by N.Dhamodharan Endowment Trust, Coimbatore.
9. We have achieved 100% placement with 2014 batch students.
10. Our II students Selvan K.Kesavan, Selvan S.Manikandan, Selvan V.Krishna kumar & Selvan M.Kannan have participated in NCC Republic Day Camp at KKC College, Vellore from 04/06/2014 to 14/06/2014.
11. Selvan R.Sivakumar of II year D&W has participated in Namakkal & Erode District Level NCC Cadets Firing Camp at Kongu Engineering College, Perundurai on 31/11/2014 and won II Prize.
12. Selvan S.Manikanden of II year D&W has participated All India NCC Trekking Camp at Budhagaya, Bihar from 05/12/2014 to 11/12/2014.