ALL THREE YEARS SEMESTER PATTERN
This course aims at producing Entry technicians to cater the manpower needs of IT and Non-IT industrial sector. Also it helps the willing students to integrate with B.E. curriculam through lateral entry system.
CURRICULUM OUTLINE L - Scheme 2011 - 2012 batch onwards
|SEMESTER - I & II - Common to All Diploma Courses. For further details see First Year Syllabus
|SEMESTER - III - L - Scheme
- Basics of Electrical & Electronics Engineering
- Operating Systems
- C Programming
- Electrical & Electronics - Practical
- Linux - Practical
- C Programming - Practical
- Computer Application - Practical
|SEMESTER - IV - L - Scheme
- Computer Architecture
- Computer Networking & Security
- Object Oriented Programming with Java
- Data Structures using C
- Java Programming - Practical
- Data Structures using C - Practical
- Communication & life Skills - Practical
|SEMESTER - V - L - Scheme
- Web Programming
- Relational Data Base Management Systems
- .Net Programming
- Elective Theory-I
- Concepts of Advanced Computing
- Software Engineering
- Web Programming Practical
- Relational Data Base Management System Practical
- .Net Programming Practical
|SEMESTER - VI - L - Scheme
- Computer Hardware and Servicing
- Mobile Computing
- Elective Theory-II
- Multimedia Systems
- Open Source Software
- Computer Servicing & Network Practical
- System Administration Practical
- Elective Practical-II
- Multimedia Systems Practical
- Open Source Software Practical
- Project Work and Entrepreneurship
Plenty of entry-level jobs are available for motivated Diploma in Computer Engineering completed students both in hardware servicing, maintanance and data/text entry jobs.They can also get suitable employment in Software Development, Networking, BPO and KPO sectors through further study and skill improvement programmes.
It is an ideal platform for higher education in computer and allied fields. B.E. lateral entry / BCA, BSc (CS) are some of the higher education openings available through regular fulltime courses and distance education mode too.
Achievements, Awards and Rewards
1.2003: We hosted AICTE – ISTE sponsored National level Short Term Training program titled “ERP for SMEs” in August 2003 for Polytechnic Teachers.
2.2006: Conducted State Level Silver Jubilee Paper Presentation Contests for Polytechnics and Schools.
3.2009: We hosted AICTE - ISTE sponsored National Level Short Term training Program titled"E-Security" in February 2009.
4.2011: Conducted State Level Paper Presentation Contest "ELECOM FEST 2011" for polytechnic colleges.
1.Almost every year 30% - 50% of our passed out final year students are getting admission in the Second year B.E. through Lateral Entry Scheme.
2.Our students are now Serving & Studying in some of the best colleges in Tamilnadu, Maharashtra and Kerala; a few are studying & serving in USA, UK, Switzerland, Australia, etc.,
3.Our students are regularly participating in State Level Paper Presentation Competitions at various Institutions. So far, they got meritorious prizes at PSG Polytechnic - Coimbatore, Kongu Polytechnic – Perundurai, Thiyagarajar Polytecdhnic – Salem, etc.,